Zanzibar Stone Town Tour
Zanzibar is also known as “The Island of Spices”, whose name evokes a romantic past embalmed in the aroma of cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and lemon grass. This tour starts with a drive through a profusion of greenery in the countryside seeing, smelling and tasting a variety of mouth-watering tropical seasonal fruits, some examples are: jack fruit, pineapple, banana, green coconut (madafu), dourian, love apple (matufaa), litche (shoki-shoki), soursop (mabungo) and starfruit (carambola).
Some of the spices are cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric and nutmeg – are as exotic as the flavour. A full tour involves much more than spices and you will also have a chance to see the iodine plant, heena bush, ylang-ylang, the lipstick tree, cocoa and coffee trees. The tour also includes a visit to the Kidichi Persian Baths built in 1850 by Seyyid Said bin Sultan for his Persian wife Princess Sheherezade granddaughter of the Shah of Persia, you will also visit the Maruhubi Palace Ruins built by the third Sultan of Zanzibar Seyyid Barghash for his 99 concubines.
The above safari includes :
- All meals and excursions as per the itinerary
- Park entrance fees in the Game Reserves and National Parks.
- All road transportation and Game drives using custom-made Safari minivan complete with pop-up roof for enhanced game viewing and photography.
- Full board accommodation on Safari.
- Experienced English speaking driver-guides.
The above safari excludes :
- All flights.
- Additional sightseeing or deviation from the itinerary.
- All items of a personal nature such as tobacco, laundry, phone calls, tips and drinks/beverages.
- Extra meals.
- Any other items not mentioned above.
- Medical/Travel Insurance.