Timau Naromoru Mount Kenya Trekking – 7 Days
The Timau Track, the main access route on the north side on the mountain lies in a major rain shadow. Because of this rain side of the mountain. However, because you are inside a low rainfall zone it generally makes up for a drier safari and a more pleasant trek. The slope is gentle and because line of the peaks on Mt. Kenya are from east to west the views from the north give you the impression that you are trekking into a whole mountain range.
Day 1: Nairobi – Timau
Depart Nairobi in the morning after sorting and organizing personal equipment for the trek. After Lunch in Nanyuki town, drive to the Timau road head where you will begin your trek up Mt. Kenya from the north. (Overnight in high altitude mountains tents – Timau road head). 3,300m
Day 2: Timau – Marania River
Hiking across the beautiful northern moorland of Mt. Kenya with its unique flora and possibly seeing some of the wildlife, which wander up these northern slopes – zebra, eland, etc. Camp near the Western Marania River.3, 700m.
Day 3: Kathita
Continue your trek over rolling moorland country to camp at the headquarters of the Kathita East drainage.3, 950m.
Day 4: Hall Tarns – Lake Michaelson
Hike up to the spectacular Hall Tarns where the beautiful rock formation known as the Temple stands guard over Lake Michaelson 1000 vertical feet below.4, 090m
Day 5: Lake Michaelson
Penetrate the defenses of the Temple and descend to the Lake Michaelson and enjoy the scenic wonder of the magnificent area. Truly a trekker’s paradise 4,300m.
Day 6: Pt Lenana – Mackinders
An early start to ensure a successful summit bid for main objective Pt. Lenana (4,985m.). Descend to Mackinders Camp on the Naro Moru Track.
Day 7: Naromoru – Nairobi
Descend the mountain via the Naro Moru Route completing a fine circuit of Mt. Kenya, to the Naro Moru and catch transport to Nairobi.
The above safari includes :
- All meals and excursions as per the itinerary.
- Park entrance fees in the Game Reserves and National Parks.
- All road transportation and Game drives using custom-made Safari minivan complete with pop-up roof for enhanced game viewing and photography.
- Full board accommodation on Safari.
- Experienced English speaking driver-guides.
The above safari excludes :
- All flights.
- Additional sightseeing or deviation from the itinerary.
- All items of a personal nature such as tobacco, laundry, phone calls, tips and drinks/beverages.
- Extra meals.
- Any other items not mentioned above.
- Medical/Travel Insurance.